Remote Desktop Gateway (RDG), previously known as Terminal Services Gateway, is a Windows Server component that provides routing for Remote Desktop (RDP). Rather then users connecting directly to an RDP Server, users instead connect and authenticate to the gateway. Upon successful authentication, the gateway will forward RDP traffic to an address specified by the user, essentially acting as a proxy. The idea is that only the gateway needs to be exposed to the Internet, leaving all RDP Servers safely behind the firewall.
Connect with Kryptos
- RDP to RCE: When Fragmentation Goes Wrong, 18 Jan, 2020
- BlueKeep (CVE 2019-0708) exploitation spotted in the wild, 03 Nov, 2019
- Emotet scales use of stolen email content for context-aware phishing, 12 Apr, 2019
- North Korean APT(?) and recent Ryuk Ransomware attacks, 10 Jan, 2019
- Emotet Awakens With New Campaign of Mass Email Exfiltration, 31 Oct, 2018